This year I'm aiming for MONTHLY submissions quota.
So far this month I have submitted:
- a vignette for a rolling online competition,
- three 'opening lines' entries to another competition
- One 2,000 word and one 1,000 word short story submitted to two more competitons.
- Sci Fi haiku to scifaikuest, four of which have already been accepted for their 2013 publication
- a true story about my cats for Writers for animals.The editor emailed me to say that it would be accepted for inclusion in the book if I carried out a few edits and this I have done. It's a real boost to my previously flagging morale.
So I'm on a roll, at last...
How often do you submit work to magazines and competitions?
Do you prefer to just work on novels or do you like the experience of writing smaller pieces as well?