My main website, Cloth Doll Creations UK (est. 2002) which reflects my other passion includes virtually everything there is to know about Soft Sculpted Cloth Figures, has been moved to a blog at http://textilecreationsuk.blogspot.com
I am relieved to say that the hard work is beginning to pay off and my writing has become tighter, more descriptive and mature. Phew!
The goal of being published one day seems another step closer as a result.
Background in Eng Literature/ Language; book seller, craft /retail, waitress, introductory graphic design, psychology, clinical linguistics/ speech & language therapist; soft sculpture textile figure artist/ designer, patchworker, knitter. I've always found ways to explore my writing and creative skills in all my jobs: fliers, equipment, posters, leaflets etc.
I particularly enjoy reading novels in which the protagonist wins out through adversity (fiction & autobiography), chic lit, literary & realistic fiction and children’s literature.
I love children's literature and have a large collection of picture flats.
GOALS: Oooh, just a few.
to have my stories/poems published in magazines
to have a short story read out on Radio 4
to be a published novelist.
- 2004 creative writing one day workshops (6 weeks)
- Oct 2009 - July 2010 Open University A215 Creative Writing
Tutored by the wonderful duo Robert Giddings (author of 'You Should See Me in Pajamas')
and Perry Clarke (who taught us to translate Chaucer from the Olde English!)
WHAT AM I CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
- I've recently submitted some short stories and poems for competitions and magazine challenges.
- My Realstic Fiction / Chick Lit novel 'under construction' has some suspense elements.
- I have a literary fiction novel on the back burner and a romance novel in the making.
- I started this blog site http://scribbleandedit.blogspot.com/ in August 2010 having seen the film Julie&Julia and read several articles about blogging in Writer's magazines.
I also enjoy knitting & crochet
Check out my other published stuff to date.