About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Me Before You - Thought provoking.

I confess, when I saw this film in the shops, I didn't rush to get it, although I think the actors are great. I also confess I hadn't heard of the author or the novel.
 http://www.jojomoyes.com/books/me-before-you/
However, when I finally bought the film, I found that it was the most affecting, thought-provoking story I had seen for a long time.

Of course, I then had to read the novel. It, too, did not disappoint. Awesome!

Have you seen read this? Did it have the same affect on you?

6 comments:

  1. Stupid crying stories... Yes, I saw the film and loved it, although I think he was still an idiot. Truth. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal, Yes others have said the same. In the book it is more clear that he is suffering greatly from all the side affects of his condition and also what his prospects are for the future, so for me, the ending is a thought provoking one.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I could see it from both angles. I thought they did a good job with portraying his suffering, and I appreciated the struggle, but in the end, I still felt it was selfish of him to make the choice. *shrugs* That's where my thinking left me.

      Delete
    3. Hi Crystal, Yes I appreciate that from a romantic perspective the idea that love conquers all is understandable. That's why I love the film 'Truly Madly Deeply', because it shows the different facets of the relationship, good and bad.

      Delete
  2. Hi Madeleine - I can see this is one for the list of TBseen! I've just looked at the review of the book on Wiki - to get the gist of the plot ... what a lovely outcome - sad, but probably right for them both.

    There was a French film our Film Society put on ... a similar theme but with a completely different set up ... that's a really good film too ..

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intouchables

    Both inspirational films ... sad, but thought provoking ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, yes certainly TB seen. I haven't seen the untouchables, it sounds like a film worth watching. I have finished Girl on the Train and plan to watch the film soon, too.

      Delete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.