About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Thursday, 5 November 2015

I've missed you guys

Hi everyone, well, so much has happened in the past 27 months with 5 bereavements,
It all seems surreal and another life time ago. I'm crawling out of the crater where the sadness, anxiety and stress has been lurking and looking forward to the future. I have missed you guys, your support and talent.

I've had constant flashing zig-zag, blind spot migraines, the last right in the middle of watching Suffragettes at the cinema set off my the very noisy, fast and bright Dolby Sound Advert. We had to leave and miss the end of the film. Boo hoo!
 
I've found also that I must be gluten free, which has been so liberating for me


I have written only one poem since I last posted, which I am adding here now and look forward to catching up on all your news/ posts. It's about a friendship of two knitting people I know well, who grew apart because their lives and perspectives had moved in different directions.



16 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you have gone through such a difficult time. Sometimes life can throw so much at us that we have to retreat for awhile. Hopefully, things will get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope and believe so, too.

      Delete
  2. So good t "see" you - ad your poem is heartfelt and heart wrenching. Amazing truth. I am sorry to hear of your many losses and migraines. Debilitating events on many levels. I too fight every day to maintain, find my rhythm and balance and live as fully as I can - some days are haunting - others inspiring. Let's hang on to hope.
    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail, yes I do feel like I've been through the wars over the past few years and am now emerging hopefully into the light of a better, more relaxing era.

      Delete
  3. Sorry it's been a sad and stressful year. At least you know you can eat healthy as it seems everything is gluten free now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex, yes it's been a tough few years and thankfully the light shines at the end of the tunnel. Knowing that my fellow bloggers, such as yourself are there to give solace and support has helped, too.

      Delete
  4. It's lovely to see you back and I'm so sorry that recent times have been so sad and stressful for you. I sympathise with the migraines as my daughter has them and she finds it so frustrating when they interfere with special occasions. I think tiredness and stress seem to bring them on, but it is often hard to pinpoint the cause. The other day, we walked past a very bright series of camera flashes from a photographic company taking pictures in a shopping mall and she immediately suffered a severe migraine. At least we knew for sure what triggered that one.
    Another of my daughters has a gluten-free diet now and it has helped her IBS symptoms quite a bit. I hope you go from strength to strength and I really enjoyed your poem. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Joanna, many thanks for your lovely supportive comments and compliment. Yes tiredness and stress can cause a multitude of ailments can't they! I'm glad your daughter is benefiting from a GF diet. I have been told that my astigmatism is partly to blame for my blind spot zigzag 'auras', so I'm spending a fortune on a new prescription.

      Delete
  5. Hi Madeleine - I was thinking of you as I passed by your village .. I was on a journey with an elderly cousin (posts coming up) of my mother's vintage - so couldn't stop off ... and remembered that I needed to see how you were.

    You've had a tough few years and it takes a while to come out of it too ... I hope that side of life is resting in your memories and you're at ease - having done so much.

    The illnesses don't help - thankfully I don't have migraines, but have had flashes that send me off to the hospital for reassurance - now I know I don't worry - as long as it doesn't get worse. IBS etc and irritations of one's system are such a nuisance - I know if I eat much during the day I feel like a slug - the opposite of what people tell you .. but if it suits me - so be it ...

    Good to see you around again ... all the very best - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, Thanks for your lovely comments
      It's a shame you weren't able to drop in to see us. You are in my thoughts, too. Sorry to hear you have problems with flashes. I hope they find a remedy. I had a major problem with my intestines before the wheat gluten intolerance was discovered, so I feel quite lucky that it's been discovered as my poor father suffered terribly and I feared I was going the same way. x

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad to see you back and blogging again. Wishing you continued recovery until you no longer have to deal with those migraines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless uoi Catherine, that is lovely of you to say. Thank you. X

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry for your losses. I am glad you are back to blogging. You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you thanks, though I've had a really bad neck and shoulders since I wrote this and had to take a break from most activities. They call it sod's law.

      Delete
  8. Dear Madeleine,

    Such stressful, traumatic times for you, my lovely friend. Heartened to see you back and thank you for sharing your poem.

    Here's to a peaceful, positive future for your good self.

    In kindness,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.