About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Monday, 2 September 2013

Novel Films II #1 Novel Don'ts



Day 1 ~ Are there any novels you have seen as films/ TV adaptations in which the novel left you cold? OR vice versa?

I have consumed a vast collection of novels and related films, equally of which I adore. However, there are a few novels for which I confess enjoying the films/ TV adaptations, but just couldn't get into the novels...






I'm sure there are plenty who would disagree and I appreciate they likely have different tastes and expectations to mine.

I guess since film/ TV and writing are separate/diverse media it is understandable that this can happen, when reading and viewing preferences/appetites differ.

 How about you?


3 comments:

  1. I must admit to not really enjoying Never Let Me Go the book so I just didn't bother with the film - which is a shame as I LOVED Ishiguro's Remains of the Day and the film of that book I thought was PERFECT!!! Oh that end shot of Hopkins' and Emma Thompson's hands parting... oh blubbing like a big baby, me!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I never read The Hobbie novel, I did see the movie. While watching it, I thought it was good. However, after really thinking about the various scenes, I thought the movie overall "okay". So, I definitely agree with your opinion about the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read The Firm but love the movie - it's one of my faves. Haven't seen the Hobbit movie but love the book. I enjoy both the book and movie versions of Bridget Jones. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.