About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Horror Poetry ~ Ever tried it?


about a worse nightmare scenario?
by Madeleine Sara


This poem is based on a programme I saw last year (Season 10 Episode 5) where Traffic Cops investigate an apparent hit and run of a cyclist on an empty, unlit motorway slip road.


 Scifihaiku have one of my haiku up on their webpage as we speak...

17 comments:

  1. Poe's poems breathed life into mine at the age of ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor woman!!! Awwww! :-(

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be accidental and not her fault.

    Effective.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, Madeleine,

    Graphic piece. I like your poetry. You always manage to convey emotion in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe because of Poe, I associate horror and poetry quite readily. I really enjoyed yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was pretty dark - works well though.

    Nearest I've come to horror poetry is one I wrote (sort of on a dare) about zombies. I sold it to an anthology (of zombie poetry) so the whole thing had a happy ending.

    I like happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like poetry, but not tried writing any. I like what you've done, particularly, 'Something large collides into her screams.' Vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is definitely different from what I have so far read. But I like your mix of adjectives. Great imagery, full of emotion. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Horror poetry works for me :)

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Madeleine,

    Sorry for my absence. Have been recuperating from a rather surreal time at the hospital.

    I'm digging this horror poetry. Any poetry I attempt is a horror!

    Be well, my friend.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted to try horror poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome!

    The beginning of a great mystery!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely supportive comments, thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Horror poetry? Oooooh...*shudders*
    Yours is gooood Madeleine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not tried it myself but I have read some good horror poetry, i.e. Dulce et Decorum Est being my favorite.

    Good job with your poem. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't written horror poetry in a long time, but I have some saved. Yours is great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yikes, talk about a nightmare. Not sure I could bring myself to write horror poetry!

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.