About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Friday, 16 November 2012

Writers For Animals 2012

My story, The Princess and the Porker, has been included in the 2012 anthology
Writers For Animals
sold in aid of animal welfare charities.

It's available at Amazon and Waterstones websites from 19th Nov 2012


I hope you've all been having some great writing successes. 

I've been knitting which has proved to be great therapy. I made my first two pair of socks, which is satisfying. I've also done a fair amount of reading. 
How about you?

17 comments:

  1. Hi Madeleine .. congratulations - I love the picture and I'm sure that will be a very good buy for many a Christmas present ..

    Cheers Hilary

    I admire your sock creation - very therapeutic as you say - I can't stand wool .. looks glorious - irritates like anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madeleine, congratulations. The story 'The Princess and the Porker' sounds cool. I love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS MADELEINE....

    Such a great cause!

    Have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Madeleine! It isn't everyday that someone writes for a cause. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Madeleine! I'm really pleased for you and for the cause. And what a brilliant title Princess and the Porker is!

    My daughter knits socks too, although she is currently knitting small mice. I would love her to knit me a tea-cosy. I've wanted one for ages and am very bad at knitting.
    I am busy hoovering up dust this week. We have had the plaster removed from a wall in the living-room to reveal the lovely old Cotswold stone underneath. The wall looks good. But not the dust-coated room. However much I dust, it keeps floating down! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fantastic news! Congrats Madeleine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that title -- The Princess and the Porker. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Madeleine,

    Have you missed me? Never mind that. What a great result for you and for the animal welfare charities :) What a worthy ideal.

    Did I ever mention I went to the 'Comedy Knitting' workshop? Had me in stitches! :)

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilary, I know someone else who has such tactile phobias, hers is with stuffing fibres though.

    Gary, thanks for the chuckle :OD

    Thank you LG, Mary, Patsy, Joanna, Anne, Michael, Rachna.

    Bless you all thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your story acceptance!! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to add one more comment to your list, but I just had to say wow, things sound like they've been crazy! Hope all is calming down now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless you Trisha and Hilary and EVERYONE for being so supportive and lovely. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maddy. I've not been on the blogs for the past month, so am doing the rounds, saying hi. I hope the family dramas, floods etc have passed.

    Otherwise i hope you are doing well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. All dramas have been sorted and the calm has been restored, so I've spent the time designing and knitting those Christmas stocking for niece and nephew to make sure they could be sent off in time for Christmas Day. Phew!

    Bless you all for your support and lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.