About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Monday, 10 September 2012

What's Your Chocolate? Blogfest

Do you love chocolate? Does the very word make you drool with anticipation? Join the “What’s Your Chocolate” Blogfest and tell us all about it! Post about your favorite chocolate – what it means to you, where and when you indulge, a favorite memory – anything chocolate-related.





Suggestible? I'll say I am.
I only have to watch the film 'Chocolat', or read the book, for my cravings to start. (It's how I broke a tooth recently, searching for something to satisfy my craving, but that's another story...)
Just reading this makes my mouth feel all deliciously chocolaty, as I imagine my tongue coated with a rich, dark creamy layer of pure enjoyment.
So, can you imagine how it was when I decided to knit a piece of chocolate cake and how much I wanted to eat the piece my mouth so desperately craved?


A rich cup of freshly brewed coffee with a piece of dark chocolate on the side (70% cocoa at least) is also a real treat. I've always loved dark chocolate and at Easter, while my brothers had their collection of milk and sickly white chocolate eggs, I had one dark chocolate ege amongst my milk chocolate selection.

I confess I'm not a great Hot Chocolate drinker, maybe because it's disappointingly sickly with that awful gritty after-taste, without any tantalising taste bud-seducing caress.
I'm sure Vianne's hot chocolate would be something far more delicious.


I have acquired a taste for the best chocolates such as Thornton's, though occasionally I yearn for the Marathon (bizarrely renamed Snickers) or Crunchie bars of my youth. There was also an Amazin Bar which was half dark and half milk chocolate and contained raisins. I just adored this, but it didn't last as apparently no-one else did. Anyone else remember these?
Tesco once had a divine chocolate yoghurt in the 1970's that was a rich paradise of milk and dark chocolate flavours that made my tongue weep with joy! That, too obviously wasn't liked by the masses and was sadly, discontinued.

How about you? Do you like Chocolate?

33 comments:

  1. *high five* I LOVE Thornton's chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've taken part in this Blogfest if I'd known about it sooner!!! You know I am a chocoholic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolat is one of my favorite movies! It makes me melt inside every time I see it! And want to eat copious amounts of chocolate, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm confused. Did you break a tooth watching the movie 'Chocolat' or reading the book? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Kyra, Scotts Lass, LG.
    Yes chocolate is Mmmmmmmmm.

    Tim I have added the link to the post with the broken tooth explanation...

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ARRRRGH now I need chocolate! Thankfully I have some waiting at home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate for me is up there with oxygen! LOL!!

    I am so drooling! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tasted a Thorton's Chocolate, but I do like a hot chocolate with floating marshmallows on a cold winter night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this fest is not good for my waistline!

    mmm, chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolat is one of my fav movies- my fav scene is when the Mayor can hold out no longer, and goes on the chocolate eating binge until he passes out in the shop! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never had Thortons - but YUM

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't remember Amazin bars at all - this is very strange for me to miss something like that, it actually sounds really nice.

    Love Thorntons, and their hot chocolate - have you ever tried it from their cafe? You get a free choc on the side. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't got any chocolate! I've read your post and now I want some. What have you done? Hehe.

    Has to be curly wurlies or galaxy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That knitted chocolate cake does look really yummy. I love a coffee with my chocolate, and I prefer the dark chocolate, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can understand your feelings on hot cocoa, but I did find a "mix" you can make and it seriously deserves its nickname "liquid brownie." I'm going to be rummaging through my cabinets to get a chocolate fix before this day is through.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Madeleine .. I prefer the cacaocoffee mix ... adds a richness to the coffee - but a rare treat or need. I try to avoid the chocolate stuff - though occasionally it'll draw me irrestibly .. as it did last Thursday ..too good to say 'no' to!

    Crunchies .. Cadbury's Fruit and Nut bar .. but again not very often - I loved Caramac back in them ancient era days!

    Cheers .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chocolate and coffee is also one of my favorite combos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes the chocolate is good melted right into the coffee! I don't know those brands. A fave brand of yogurt right now that has a chocolate flavor is the WHIPPED line--sort of parfait whipped.
    Catherine Stine’s Idea City

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've had fun reading everyone's chocolate preferences today. I have never been as much of a chocolate fan as most people. I prefer white chocolate, although it's not really chocolate at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. For this week, it's goodbye blogosphere and welcome to Choccyville where I suspect lots of diets and good intentions will be washed away in this chocolate frenzy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm going to have to try the dark chocolate in my coffee. Sounds delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yeah. Love me some chocolate. I'm not a coffee drinker, but if I was, chocolate would surely make its way in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Chocolate in coffee? I guess it's because I don't drink the stuff.
    Chocolate and peanut butter for me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I never realized the Marathon bar had become the Snickers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I happen to have brought three bars of dark chocolate today. They're in my freezer. I like my chocolate chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Coffee and chocolate - what a wonderful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an awesome blogfest!
    I can't believe you knit a cake - that sounds like fun!
    Dark chocolate with coffee is my favourite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm drooling now! Thanks for joining the blogfest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Johnny Depp and chocolate? How could you not like Chocolat? :)

    So sorry I misscheduled this blogfest. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I loved the movie Chocolat! I can hardly take hot chocolate--the real kind made with melted chocolate and whole milk. It's so rich I feel like I'm going to die when I drink it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't like chocolate, but I did love the movie Chocolat. Cutest story ever.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What you really need is a PROPER hot chocolate, like the kind they make in CHOCOLAT. And like the kind I can get from around the corner where I work. It's basically liquid chocolate, and is sooooooooo goooooood.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awh thanks everyone! I can see most of you are now craving chocolate LOL!

    Hi Deniz, yes my cake can also be found on my knit blog and ravelry.com page.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.