About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Distance Haiku

This week's theme: Distance

Check out
www.youknowthatblog.com for other entries.


Pisces swims up stream

Thursday's child has far to go
It's going to take time
Long distance swimming

Seemingly never ending  

He must stay the course




I must be with you
It's just a train ride away
No distance really

14 comments:

  1. That swimming photo is freaky lol.
    Love Haiku and yours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madeleine .. love these Haikus .. and the matching pictures .. they're just great - fun! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these, but I think the first one is my favourite. That swimming picture is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Madeleine,
    Haikus can be mesmerizing. Will make it a regular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww!! I do like the third haiku - speaks to the romantic in me! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I haven't been by lately. I see I've missed quite a bit.
    Loved the Haiku as always but admit the swimmer was a tad creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the swimming in the road pic.

    From your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, Love, love the tie in to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your 2nd haiku/picture are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great picture of the swimmer - freaky! Love your haiku - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great set with amazing photos to match ... well done ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only a train ride? Only a plane flight? Whatever separates us is no distance at all, if we love who's on the other end!

    Distant Clouds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maddie, I love these. I am both a Pisces and Thursday's child. Also, I am enamored of trains.

    Just love these.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.