About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Back up


Did you back up your precious documents lately?

Check out Ellie's post on the latest virus

I once had my whole computer wiped by the techie people
(documents, emails the lot)
and I cried buckets!



These days you can backup your files online, which is great security for your documents in the event of something like a house fire or burglary.

Or there's memory sticks.
If all else fails...
Keep hard copies


So what are you waiting for?
Go back-up your MS's.

17 comments:

  1. Good advice! You never think it can happen to you till it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder! I had a bogus virus warning pop up on my computer earlier this week, and even though it was nothing, it convinced me I needed to back up my files right away, but then I promptly forgot. I'm off to do it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder. I try to backup once a month but I probably should do it more often. It's easy to forget but worth the few minutes it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear by the memory stick/zip drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder. We forget the basics :backups, as we are so busy writing. We do need to save all our files.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a hard drive crash over a year ago. Now I e-mail everything to myself. (I've had memory sticks lose their memory too--yuck!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned that lesson while I was at uni and managed to lose an entire day's worth of essay writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the reminders and Ellie's blog too!!! Thank you - so important to do this. Also - remember your passwords! I've lost a whole 67,000 ms that I saved on disc and to this day am unable to get past the password stage despite using lots of software to unlock the password!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do this enough unless someone's pokes me with a fork.

    Off to back up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Almost as important is to remember to save as you go along (I am bad at this). Power cuts are more common than house fires (although I don't underestimate the disaster potential of the latter!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cartoon! Too funny. I'm pulling out my memory stick right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently did my back-ups by e-mailing my work from my one account to the other. So it's backed up where I can always get them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that cartoon! I don't use anything like dropbox yet, just frantically email my ms back and forth to myself, if I've even changed so much as a word...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is a great idea. What a wonderful idea. I use a thumb drive for everything because I am afraid that my computers are going to crash, but what if my thumb drive fries...argh! *panic*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've backed up my blog a couple of times. I should probably do it again. And, oh I love my thumb drive. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.