About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Saturday, 1 January 2011

New Beginnings~ Resolutions



A New Year has dawned
Full of hope and wishful thoughts
Blessings to us all.




A budding idea
Flourishes with the New Year
New challenges sought.

21 comments:

  1. Love that! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect New Year Haikus. The second one is very appropriate with Write 1 Sub 1 starting today! Talking of Write 1 Sub 1, where did you get your tally board? It's a brillaint idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone. I made my tally board using photoshop ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice haiku + tally board. Tally-ho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Madeleine,
    Wonderful, thoughtful sentiments. Welcome to a New Year, a new decade and refreshed hope for a more peaceful, positive world.
    With respect and kind wishes, Gary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely haiku and beautiful sentiments. Best of luck with Write 1 Sub 1 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo and lovely haiku! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww perfect haikus to usher in the New Year! Thank you! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love haiku. Used to write a little myself. Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are both wonderful, but I really love that second one. I think we should all challenge ourselves in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially like the last haiku, the coming year will be filled with challenges but sometimes we have to reconize them.

    Your cats are so sweet, thanks for the link to that post.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, let me tell you budding ideas always face challenges... well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello madeleine....i loved the second one a lot...lovely haikus!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Jingle I don't feel ready at the moment to join the poets rally. Thanks for the invite though. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely way to begin the New Year... New ideas and fresh challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the haikus. Happy New Year :)

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  17. A new year, always an exciting time for looking forward. I like your haiku. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. definitely I am full of hope..and I am seeking for new challenges..
    lovely haikus :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.