About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Monday, 8 November 2010

Falling into Microfiction

Susan from Stony River set us another great
picture for this Monday's Microfiction Challenge
Where a picture paints 140 characters, or even fewer.


Dotty never knew following the yellow brick road in autumn would be such a challenge. Was that road? No, just another yellow-gold leaf.  (135 characters with spaces)

Haiku
Gold brown crunching leaves
Carpeting the forest floor
Autumn has arrived.

22 comments:

  1. Wow. Your MM is perfect. It made sigh contentedly when I read it. I hope Dotty finds her way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is magical - lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific! And the yellow leaves themselves are a beautiful road to be on, aren't they? Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely creative imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohoho - where is her imagination? Perhaps "yellow brick road" is only a metaphor? - it's a road, it's yellow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trail of Autumn leaves is just as magical as the yellow brick road!

    Lovely MM.

    Thanks for visiting me and taking the time to comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a problem she never anticipated. I really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Akelamalu, the trail of autumn can indeed be as magical as the yellow brick road. Great take on the pic of the day! Hope you have a lovely week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dotty has a long way to go if every leaf is a distraction, as they can be to someone that young. Lovely!
    -- Kay

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh this is realy lovely and so made me smile ~ Poor Dotty finding her way around those yellow leaves which so confound ~ Great take
    *heartsmiles* Lib

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever "Wizard of Oz" allusion, Madeleine! I like it. I love the autumn haiku--beautfiul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These Microfiction Mondays make me think of tiny books I might have used for my dolls when I was a girl. How fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely loved your microfiction. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute one! Love the gentleness of the haiku :O)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It would be difficult and distracting but very pretty. Nice haiku, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Made me chuckle - thank you Madeleine :D
    Haven't had time to do one this week ... it will have to be microfiction Tuesday for me!

    Oh yes .. and I agree ... great Haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like that this one is a funny take on the picture-I think I got too mushy...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh thank you so much everyone. It was fun to do. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is nice! I hadn't thought of going that route...but it does make sense that Dotty would have a difficult time following the road--maybe Kansas doesn't have many trees??? LOL
    Have a great week. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.