About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Wednesday, 25 August 2010

The Body in the Library

Today was one of those mornings when everything seemed to go smoothly from finding the only parking space in the free car park that no-one else spotted, to depositing (!!) a cheque in the bank and then getting a copy of a very touching magazine article I’d read at the hair dressers last week as a source for a story plot.

Then I popped into the local library and I’m so excited…

… I’ve booked on a half day workshop at our local library for tips on Crime Writing with Myfanwy Cook at the end of September that I thought might be a bit of fun.

I have never read any of her writing and couldn't find any of her books in the library. Maybe the others had snapped them up?  
I’m wondering what a crime writing workshop will be like?

See follow up post: http://scribbleandedit.blogspot.com/2010/09/with-murderous-intent_28.html

4 comments:

  1. I've never been to a crime writing workshop, but having just googled Myfanwy Cook I a bit jealous! It sounds like you are in for a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madelaine
    I just popped over here from Ellie's blog expecting real bodies in real libraries, so I'm having to swallow my disappointment! Your workshop sounds intriguing - I work in a library and it's definitely the most popular genre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that should be fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies. LOL! Sorry to disappoint brokenbiro librarian. (My mother's a librarian, retired now, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.